1. Please read carefully!
2. What information do we collect?
2.1. Visitor and User Information
We collect two types of information regarding our Visitors and Users:
- Un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a Visitor or un-identified User, which may be made available to us, or collected automatically via his/her use of the Services (“Non-personal Information”). Such Non-personal Information does not enable us to identify the Visitor or User from whom it was collected. The Non-personal Information collected by us mainly consists of technical and aggregated usage information, such as Visitors’ and Users’ browsing and ‘click-stream’ activity on the Services, session heatmaps and scrolls, non-identifying information regarding the Visitor’s or User’s device, operating system, internet browser, screen resolution, language and keyboard settings, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, etc.
- Individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable efforts cause the identification of an individual, or may be of private or sensitive nature (“Personal Information”). The Personal Information collected by us mainly consists of contact details (e.g., e-mail address or phone number), billing details (name, physical billing address, payment method and transaction details), which are only collected from Users with Paid Services, details regarding a browsing or usage session (IP address, Geo-location and/or device unique identifier), details regarding connected third party accounts (such as the e-mail or username for a connected PayPal, Google or Facebook account), scanned identification documents provided to us (such as an ID card, driver’s license, passport or official company registration documents), correspondences (including those made through or uploaded to our Services), and any other Personal Information provided to us by Visitors and/or Users through their access to and/or use of the Services. For the avoidance of doubt, any Non-personal Information that is connected or linked to Personal Information (for example, in order to improve the Services we offer) is deemed and treated by us as Personal Information, as long as such connection or linkage exists.
We collect two types of information: Personal Information (which could be used to uniquely identify an individual) and Non-personal Information (which is non-identifying).
We collect such information regarding our users and visitors, our users’ users, job applicant and anyone else who may provide it to us.
2.2. Users of Users Information
We may also collect similar information pertaining to visitors and users of our User’s websites or services (“Users-of-Users”), solely for and on our Users’ behalf (as further described in Section 6 below).
2.3. 123 Websites Jobs Applicant Information
We also collect information that is provided to us by 123 Websites jobs candidates (“Applicants”), when they apply to any of the open positions published at https://www. 123 Websites.com/jobs, by e-mail or otherwise (as further described in Section 7 below).
3. How do we collect such information?
There are two main methods we use:
- We collect information through your use of the Services. When you visit or use our Services, including when you browse the Website or any User Website, register a User Account, edit your User Website and upload information and content, and/or download and use any 123 Websites Apps and/or Mobile Apps, we are aware of it and will usually gather, collect and record such uses, sessions and related information, either independently or with the help of third-party services as detailed in Section 8 below, including through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies, as further detailed in Section 9 below.
- We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect the Personal Information you provide us when you register to our Services; when you sign in to our Services via third party services such as Facebook or Google; when you place purchases and/or register domain names; when you submit or upload such Personal Information as you use any of our Services; and/or when you contact us directly by any communication channel (e.g., 123 Websites’s support tickets, emails).
- We also collect information from third party sources as described in Section 8 below. 123 Websites
4. Why do we collect such information?
We collect such Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide and operate the Services;
- To further develop, customize and improve our Services, based on Visitors’ and Users’ common or personal preferences, experiences and difficulties;
- To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
- To be able to contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages (as further detailed in Section 10 below);
- To facilitate, sponsor and offer certain contests, events and promotions, determine participants’ eligibility, monitor performance, contact winners and grant prizes and benefits;
- To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
- To enhance our data security and fraud prevention capabilities;
- To consider Applicants’ candidacy for working at 123 Websites (as further detailed in Section 7 below); and
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
We will only use your Personal Information for the purposes set out in Section 4 where we are satisfied that:
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (e.g. to provide you with a website builder, to provide you with our customer assistance and technical support), or
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have, or
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to support legitimate interests that we have as a business (for example, to maintain and improve our Services by identifying user trends and the effectiveness of 123 Websites campaigns and identifying technical issues), provided it is conducted at all times in a way that is proportionate, and that respects your privacy rights. 123 Websites
5. Where do we store your information?
123 Websites’s data storage providers are contractually committed to protect and secure your data.
Among other things, 123 Websites adheres to the EU – US & to the Swiss-US Privacy Shield Principles, for further protecting and enhancing our users’ privacy.
Data Localisation Obligations: If you reside in a jurisdiction that imposes “data localisation” or “data residency” obligations (i.e., requiring that Personal Information of its residents be kept within the territorial boundaries of such jurisdiction), and this fact comes to our attention, we may maintain your Personal Information within such territorial boundaries, if we are legally obligated to do so.
You acknowledge that while doing so, we may continue to collect, store and use your Personal Information elsewhere, including in the United States of America as explained above. 123 Websites